Learn, Connect, Serve, & Share In Your Community
Young professionals are invited to join Sioux Empire United Way’s newest leadership group – Emerging Leaders. The purpose of Emerging Leaders is four parts:
- Learn - about the needs of the Sioux Empire and the impact of Sioux Empire United Way funded agencies through site visits and in-depth discussions.
- Connect - with other young professionals in the Sioux Empire.
- Serve - your community and get involved through volunteerism.
- Share - your experiences with friends and colleagues in the Sioux Empire to help further the mission of Sioux Empire United Way and service in your community.
Members of Emerging Leaders will have the opportunity to participate in a rotating schedule of Learning/Connecting events and Serve/Share events throughout the calendar year.
Opportunities to learn more about the needs in our community and the funded agencies of Sioux Empire United Way while connecting with like-minded individuals in the area. Hear from Sioux Empire United Way agencies on why they stand behind United Way.
Group volunteer opportunities at Sioux Empire United Way funded agencies, varying from direct services for youth through older adults, to behind-the-scenes assistance for agencies.
Benefits to Becoming an Emerging Leader
We help you help your community. Joining Emerging Leaders will help you have a better understanding of the human service needs in the Sioux Empire and the impact of Sioux Empire United Way’s funded agencies in meeting those needs. Additional benefits include:
- Opportunity to connect with like-minded professionals in a casual setting. Volunteering and getting involved is a great way to network and/or meet new friends in your community!
- Educational forums with Sioux Empire business leaders and non-profit professionals.
- Volunteer leadership opportunities within Sioux Empire United Way and our network of funded agencies.
- Chance to make a direct impact in the Sioux Empire through service components.
Emerging Leaders membership is available to any young leader in the Sioux Empire. You do not need to be previously involved with Sioux Empire United Way. An annual dues fee of $25 is requested to assist Emerging Leaders in providing engaging activities throughout the year. Contact email@example.com for membership details.
Advisory Committee Members
Chair: Dan Doyle, Cutler Law Firm
Elizabeth Carlson, First Bank & Trust
Adam Cooper, Howalt McDowell
Caitlin Hurley, Avera McKennan
Sadie Bell, First Bank & Trust
Justin Tiffany, Sanford Health
Kate Kotzea, Click Rain
Cale Feller, Avera Health
Stephanie VerHey, Howalt McDowell
Jessica Stienstra, Midco