Sioux Empire United Way celebrated a successful fundraising campaign for the 25th consecutive year at our annual Thank You Event.
The 2020 Campaign total is $10,084,447 on a goal of $10,074,508.
During the announcement, 2020 Campaign Chair, Miles Beacom noted, "Think about this achievement, we have achieved our goal 25 years in a row - a quarter-century! These United Way goals have not been easy. A community our size raises approximately $1.7 million on average and we are raising over $10 million."
Sioux Empire United Way’s 2020 Campaign was supported by 700 area businesses and more than 22,000 individual givers. The dollars raised during this year’s campaign will fund 85 different programs that help children, vulnerable adults and people in crisis. This includes:
- 1,705 youth are currently matched with a mentor within the community through Climb, in their school through Everyday Heroes, or to prepare them for life after high school through USucceed.
- 3,818 sessions of speech and language therapy will be provided through USD Scottish Rite’s Children’s Clinic.
- 79 adults with disabilities will participate in inclusive educational and recreational opportunities through FRIENDSLINK, making connections to their community and their peers.
- 266 job seekers who are 40 years or older will receive assistance with resume preparation, computer training, and interview skills through BRIDGES Employment Resource Center.
- 135 homeless families with children will be provided housing while working on their housing stabilization plan through Heartland House.
- 60 families in crisis have the assistance to get back on their feet through the volunteer and host family network of Safe Families for Children.