Sioux Empire United Way surpassed its fundraising goal for the 28th year in a row and will continue to fund more than 80 community programs throughout the Sioux Empire thanks to the $9,610,118 raised through the generosity of community leaders, individual donors and businesses. The fundraising goal for the 2023 Campaign was set at $9,601,778.
“Funding these programs is our top priority,” said Campaign Chair Monie Siemonsma. “I am continually humbled by the dedication to Sioux Empire United Way that this community shows year after year – as well as the hard work of our volunteers who make our campaign possible.”
Sioux Empire United Way announced its campaign achievement at their annual Thank You Event on February 14, 2023, in addition to presenting awards to its volunteers and outstanding business partners.
- Robin Prunty, Larry Oppold Memorial Award
- Amy Carter, Helen E. (Oppold) Blair Memorial Award
- Ashley Janish, Brent Weiler Bulldog Award
- Jeremy Roemen, Rich Garry Rookie of the Year Award
- Aerostar, Business of the Year Award
- Dakota Vascular, Business of the Year Award
- Journey Group, Business of the Year Award
- Tom Heller, Heart Club Philanthropist Award
- Brenda Kibbe, Volunteer of the Year Award
- Chuck Hendrickson, David Birkeland Memorial Award
“Each of these volunteers and businesses deserves a round of applause from our entire community,” said President & CEO Alan H. Turner II. “Every person in our community benefits from the funds raised over the past six months. We look forward to continuing to support so many local, impactful programs and services for years to come.”