The following position at Sioux Empire United Way is available until filled.
Major Gifts and Planned Giving Director
This fundraising position is part of our annual campaign. This position will develop, implement and manage systems and resources to ensure continuous cultivation, solicitation, acknowledgment, recognition, and stewardship of all Alexis de Tocqueville members and prospects.
- Develop, support, and maintain relationships with major gifts donors, prospects, and volunteers. Volunteers make most annual requests for gifts from members and prospects.
- Provide liaison between major donors, President, the United Way, and its programs/agencies. Understand how gifts to United Way change lives through our partner agencies.
- Develop the systems for the identification, research, solicitation, and recognition of individual major donors and prospects. Personally visit with a large portfolio of members at least annually.
- Supervise major gifts donor database system to support donor research, donor tracking, and gift fulfillment.
- Plan and implement two events annually for the Alexis de Tocqueville Society membership.
- Provide staff leadership to volunteers that provide oversight to United Way’s planned giving efforts.
- Develop, implement and evaluate strategic and marketing plans for United Ways planned giving program.
- Track, report, and achieve planned giving goals and objectives.
- In partnership with planned giving volunteers, conduct a planned giving effort to:
- Identify and assign planned giving prospects to the appropriate volunteers.
- Guarantee all calls are made in a timely fashion.
- Obtain planned giving commitments for the Legacy Heart Club members.
- Send annual personal notes of appreciation.
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND QUALITIES:
Energy and enthusiasm, drive, passion for our mission and the ability to articulate it, relationship builder, reliable, flexible, outgoing, detail-oriented, organized, demonstrates philanthropic leadership, enjoys creating relationships with a variety of business and community leaders, proven decision making and judgment skills, involved in the community and can manage various projects at one time. Professional or volunteer fundraising experience a plus.
Bachelors in business, management, marketing, or nonprofit/social sciences or equivalent education and experience.
SEND RESUME TO:
Jay Powell, President, Sioux Empire United Way, 1000 N. West Ave, #120, Sioux Falls, SD, 57104 or email to: email@example.com.