Join the Sioux Empire United Way team and be part of a community impact organization with a mission to improve lives. Our mission is to lead, sustain and nurture a unified, effective response to community needs. Current job openings and details on how to apply are provided below.
Primary Objectives: Support Marketing Director in developing and carrying out marketing plans to increase brand visibility, engagement and supporting United Way staff in achieving campaign success.
Reports to: Marketing Director
- Content Creation: Support the conception and development of blogs/stories, emails, newsletters, media (photo, video, graphics) and collateral to be published both online and in print.
- Social Media: Supports strategy development, planning, and messaging for United Way’s presence on online social media, including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Media Relations: Assists in development of releases, create print PSAs, and serve as contact for surrounding media and local radio stations. Prepping all participants and interviewees prior to story shooting.
- Website: Assist in development and execution of website strategy, content and online giving campaigns.
- Co-Marketing: Work alongside Campaign Associate to support co-marketing efforts through the development and coordination of marketing materials and media relations.
- Emerging Leaders: Support and implement strategy, recruit volunteers, launch and build an affinity group for millennials that focuses on giving, volunteering, and learning about the community.
- Planning of Special Events: Assisting in the conception and planning of special events.
- Answer phones, order supplies, other duties as assigned to support other divisions as necessary to contribute to the overall effectiveness of the office.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Mass Communication or equivalent education and experience
- 1-2 years of experience in marketing, communications, or related field
- Time management skills: ability to effectively organize and prioritize work
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Teamwork skills and experience
- Ability to efficiently operate computer (Windows; Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and Publisher; Adobe: Photoshop, InDesign) and other office equipment with a high degree of accuracy.
To apply, please a cover letter and resume to Katie Popowski at email@example.com.