Good happens when womenunite.
The first WomenUnite Event launched in 2005 as a way to connect women in our community with Sioux Empire United Way and our funded programs. When donating to a philanthropic cause, women want to know where their money is going, feel an emotional connection, and be involved with the issue.
- Create/increase awareness around Sioux Empire United Way and United Way funded programs.
- Inspire and educate around health and human services programs by having speakers and/or videos that include personal stories of impact.
- Encourage excitement for giving and raise dollars at event to support the Sioux Empire United Way and United Way funded programs.
- Take action through volunteerism.
- Details coming soon!
Programs Featured/Launched at Past Events include:
- Girls on the Run and Heart & Sole (along with mentoring programs) – 867 girls participated in after school running program at 46 schools in 2018
- BackPack Program – 2,870 students at 43 sites provided food in 2018
- Genesis – 47 households were provided with a mentor to assist with financial literacy and securing permanent housing in 2018.
- USucceed – 183 high school students have a long-term mentor focused on high school graduation and future education and employment plans
- Challenge Day – 14 schools, more than 3,000 students participated in one day empathy building program in 2018
- Ready to Start – 176 soon to be kindergarteners were provided with five week jump start to kindergarten in 2018
- Better Together – 68 older adults are matched with a volunteer for social and recreational opportunities
- Delta Dental’s Mobile Dental Program and Southeastern Dental Society of SD’s Sioux Empire Smiles – 288 students were treated through the mobile program and an additional 156 through the one day Smiles event.
- PATH (Providing Access to Healing) – 558 counseling sessions are being provided each month on average
- Harmony South Dakota – 60 students participate in the free after school music program.