Good happens when women unite.
Did you miss last year's event? Check out video footage from the 2021 WomenUnite Event on Facebook.
The first WomenUnite Event launched in 2005 as a way to connect women in our community with Sioux Empire United Way and our funded programs. When donating to a philanthropic cause, women want to know where their money is going, feel an emotional connection, and be involved with the issue.
Join us to:
- Learn how Sioux Empire United Way funded organizations have tackled evolving needs throughout the pandemic.
- Hear the impact on the lives of children, vulnerable adults, and people in crisis through the work of United Way.
- Unite together to learn how to Share the Good in your community.
Programs Featured/Launched at Past Events include:
- Girls on the Run and Heart & Sole (along with mentoring programs) – 871 girls participate in the after school running program at 46 schools.
- Genesis – 84 households are provided with a mentor to assist with financial literacy and securing permanent housing.
- USucceed – 187 high school students have a long-term mentor focused on high school graduation and future education and employment plans.
- Challenge Day – 14 schools, more than 3,000 students participate in one day empathy building program each year.
- Ready to Start – 225 soon to be kindergarteners are provided with five week jump start to kindergarten last year.
- Better Together – 69 older adults are matched with a volunteer for social and recreational opportunities.
- Delta Dental’s Mobile Dental Program and Southeastern Dental Society of SD’s Sioux Empire Smiles – 196 students were treated through the mobile program last year and an additional 150 youth are typically served through the one day Smiles event.
- PATH (Providing Access to Healing) – 409 counseling sessions are being provided each month on average at more than 40 area schools.
- Harmony South Dakota – 78 students participate in the free after school music program.