Join us for this year's event to learn more about how you can unite with hundreds of other women from across the Sioux Empire to make good happen.
Good happens when womenunite.
Tuesday, August 13
11:30am to 1:00pm
Sioux Falls Convention Center (notice updated venue)
RSVP for this year's event
- Create/increase awareness around Sioux Empire United Way and United Way funded programs.
- Inspire and educate around health and human services programs by having speakers and/or videos that include personal stories of impact.
- Encourage excitement for giving and raise dollars at event to support the Sioux Empire United Way and United Way funded programs.
- Take action through volunteerism.
At this year's event more than 900 women from across the Sioux Empire will learn how United Way programs are fighting to better the lives of children, people in crisis and vulnerable adults. Some examples of our impact include:
- 1,952 children have an adult role model through one of three mentoring programs funded by United Way.
- 3,658 jobs are completed by volunteers for older adults who want to remain in their homes. Tasks included minor home repair, lawn care, and transportation to and from medical appointments.
- 558 mental health counseling sessions are provided to students each month in their school.
- Girls on the Run and Heart & Sole (along with mentoring programs) – 867 girls participated in after school running program at 46 schools in 2018
- BackPack Program – 2,870 students at 43 sites provided food in 2018
- Genesis – 47 households were provided with a mentor to assist with financial literacy and securing permanent housing in 2018.
- USucceed – 183 high school students have a long-term mentor focused on high school graduation and future education and employment plans
- Challenge Day – 14 schools, more than 3,000 students participated in one day empathy building program in 2018
- Ready to Start – 176 soon to be kindergarteners were provided with five week jump start to kindergarten in 2018
- Better Together – 68 older adults are matched with a volunteer for social and recreational opportunities
- Delta Dental’s Mobile Dental Program and Southeastern Dental Society of SD’s Sioux Empire Smiles – 288 students were treated through the mobile program and an additional 156 through the one day Smiles event.
- PATH (Providing Access to Healing) – 558 counseling sessions are being provided each month on average
- Harmony South Dakota – 60 students participate in the free after school music program.