Good happens when women unite.
Have you Shared the Good yet? Volunteers are needed in several local organizations. Express interest in a volunteer role prior to September 1 and be entered into a drawing for a local gift card package prize. New volunteers who complete volunteer training or a first volunteer shift prior to December 31 will be entered into a second drawing for a local gift card package. Complete the online form today.
Did you miss this year's event? Check out video footage from the 2021 WomenUnite Event on Facebook.
The first WomenUnite Event launched in 2005 as a way to connect women in our community with Sioux Empire United Way and our funded programs. When donating to a philanthropic cause, women want to know where their money is going, feel an emotional connection, and be involved with the issue.
- Tuesday, August 17, 11:30 am to 1:00 pm
- Sioux Falls Convention Center
- Tickets: $20
- Mask wearing while in motion is requested, event will be available via livestream, and additional safety considerations may evolve as needed.
Join us to:
- Learn how Sioux Empire United Way funded organizations have tackled evolving needs throughout the pandemic.
- Hear the impact on the lives of children, vulnerable adults, and people in crisis through the work of United Way.
- Unite together to learn how to Share the Good in your community.
Programs Featured/Launched at Past Events include:
- Girls on the Run and Heart & Sole (along with mentoring programs) – 871 girls participate in the after school running program at 46 schools.
- Genesis – 84 households are provided with a mentor to assist with financial literacy and securing permanent housing.
- USucceed – 187 high school students have a long-term mentor focused on high school graduation and future education and employment plans.
- Challenge Day – 14 schools, more than 3,000 students participate in one day empathy building program each year.
- Ready to Start – 225 soon to be kindergarteners are provided with five week jump start to kindergarten last year.
- Better Together – 69 older adults are matched with a volunteer for social and recreational opportunities.
- Delta Dental’s Mobile Dental Program and Southeastern Dental Society of SD’s Sioux Empire Smiles – 196 students were treated through the mobile program last year and an additional 150 youth are typically served through the one day Smiles event.
- PATH (Providing Access to Healing) – 409 counseling sessions are being provided each month on average at more than 40 area schools.
- Harmony South Dakota – 78 students participate in the free after school music program.